Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reflective SAT Writing on "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring"

First of all, i personally believe in heart that the lesson that the master monk gave the child was the right and would a memorable lesson to him. The child started causing the problem by tying strings to different animals which includes small fish, toad and a snake to stone so that these animals won't be able to move freely. The child tortured these animals just for the sake of his fun and entertainment. After the master found out about the serious problems he has caused, it was already too late for the child to save all animals and be forgiven easily.

The master monk's solution on teaching him the lesson of the importance of life, lesson of being in someone else's shoes and that lives are not to be played with just for the purpose of fun or entertainment regardless of the size was absolutely respectful. As the child tied heavy rocks on the backs of animals, the master monk tied a heavy rock on the child's back. The monk said "If you don't release all the animals or if any one of them are dead, you will carry that rock in your heart for the rest of your life". I strongly support what the master monk said because i, myself experience a very similar situation.

When i was 6 years old and when to the beach with my family relatives, my father taught me a deep lesson. I got bored and tired so i wanted to go play or interact with something. Kids at the age around 5 loves to have fun by seeing someone being hurt or even tortured. I tied a string on a crab's back which i believe was a lot heavier than its weight. I believe the crab drowned in the shore of the ocean as the waves took the poor crab into the ocean. Everytime the images appear on my head of that tragic day, i feel like suddenly like i have been literally stabbed in the back. My father's solution on my extremly horrible behaviour was that he put my brother (HEAVY) on my back and put me on the place of the beach where the waves reached and where it hit my face. I still remember the clear taste of the salt in the water because i may have drank nearly half a liter of ocean water!

What do you think about the essay?? Please leave comments about your thoughts and opinions about this movie!

1 comment:

  1. Good essay, and I'm happy to see a picture of a crab for added effect. Please add the video (go look on my blog for the code) so that people know what you are referencing. Nice blog so far!

    ReplyDelete